Is your HVAC system pesticide free?
The HVAC system is a piece of equipment in our homes that keeps everyone comfortable throughout the seasons. Unfortunately, it also provides a comfortable haven for unwanted pests (e.g. termites and rodents) that usually seek the cool air from the HVAC system during the summer and love the warmth it gives during winter.
Despite their relatively small size, insects and rodents can do significant damage to your home and belongings, and ruin a perfectly running HVAC system as well. That is why an expert air conditioning repair services in GA highlights the importance of taking preventive measures and dealing with problems as soon as they occur.
Why Should You Keep Your HVAC System Pest-Free?
- Prevent damage.If left unchecked, pests can cause significant damage to your home, furniture, and HVAC system.
- Maintain air quality.Pests in your HVAC system can cause air quality issues. The odors, allergens, and debris caused by bugs and vermin can affect the quality of air in your home which may eventually ruin your health.
- Reduce cost.Prevention is better than cure. Spending a few dollars to stop pests from invading your home in the first place is better than spending a fortune to repair the damage.
Expert Air Conditioning Repair Services in GA Offers Tips to Keep Bugs Out of Your HVAC System
- Use screens. Using screens (e.g. aluminum wire mesh) to cover the vents is a great way to keep insects out of your HVAC system. This won’t cost much and installing them won’t take up much of your time, either.
- Keep it clean. No matter what you do, some insects are bound to find their way into your HVAC system. Conducting regular cleaning of your HVAC system will ensure the ducts and filters are clear of dust, debris, rodents, and insects.
- Stick to a regular maintenance schedule. Conducting routine HVAC maintenance at least twice a year will ensure that the system will remain pest-free and keep everything working smoothly.
- Fix the ductworks. Pests can gain entry to your home through cracks, tears, and holes in the HVAC system’s exterior ducts and vents.
- Pay attention to the outdoor unit. Since the outdoor unit is exposed to the elements, it may attract pests if not maintained properly. To keep pests at bay, place the outdoor unit on a raised slab and make sure it is clear of vegetation from all sides.
- Focus on pest control treatment. Getting a monthly or quarterly treatment will prevent a serious
infestation. It will also stop pests from invading the HVAC system.
Want to keep pests out of your HVAC Unit? Let the air conditioning repair services in GA do the work for you.
Keeping your HVAC system pest-free is very much possible if you follow the expert tips mentioned above. Or if you want to take
it a step further, we can help your HVAC reach its full potential with our affordable maintenance plans. We understand how you value your in-home comfort so let us do what we can to make sure you get it! At Temperature Pro North Atlanta, we will keep your HVAC system in great working condition for years to come.
TemperaturePro North Atlanta is the leader in heating, ventilation and air conditioning service in Atlanta. We are a full-service contractor so you can count on us to address all your HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance requirements. We also offer free home evaluation and estimate to help assess your needs. For questions, comments or suggestions, or to set an appointment, please Contact Us or give us a call at (678) 335-4769 today.