Keep Your House Comfortable, Savvy Tips from a Furnace Repair Roswell GA Company
Most homeowners strive to maintain a comfortable indoor environment as the season changes. Unfortunately, some don’t have the slightest idea on how they can keep outdoor air from affecting the indoor environment without using up too much electricity. Well, you’re in for a treat! You can maintain in-home comfort without using too much energy by following these tips from our expert furnace repair Roswell, GA, specialists.
Our Furnace Repair Roswell GA Share 5 Tips for Keeping the Weather Outside
1. Schedule an energy audit
Are you certain where your money is being spent on energy? Schedule an energy audit to learn where your energy dollars are going. An energy audit will help you understand your energy usage patterns and reduce energy wastage. It can also help improve home comfort and uncover hidden problems while increasing home resale value and marketability. As an added bonus, doing an energy audit is good for the planet since it can significantly reduce your carbon footprint.
Insulating the attic and the basement could be quite the investment, but it is one of the best ways to maintain a comfortable home environment while keeping heating and cooling costs down. Strapped for cash? Don’t worry. You can still insulate your home without spending too much. Consider these practical yet effective ideas.
- Use curtains. During the cold months, you may open your blinds to let sunlight in but remember to close your curtains as soon as it gets dark to prevent heat loss and reduce draughts. In the summer, it’s best to keep your blinds shut and your curtains drawn when it’s hot. You may open your windows at night to let cool air circulate around the house.
- Use heat-generating appliances strategically. Instead of letting the heat go to waste, leave your oven open after you finished cooking to warm up adjacent rooms in the winter. However, it’s best to avoid using your oven during the summer to avoid heat gain. Also, use your dryer, dishwasher and other appliances only when the temperatures are cooler (e.g. early morning or at night).
3. Seal it
If you can’t maintain a comfortable indoor environment without cranking up your heating or cooling system, it’s time to inspect your doors and windows for gaps and leaks. Light a candle and move it around the doors and windows in your home. If it flickers, there is an air leak in the area. Small gaps can be patched with caulk or weather stripping while larger holes and gaps can be sealed with expanding foam. Worn weather stripping should also be replaced immediately.
4. Invest in a programmable thermostat
No matter the weather, a programmable thermostat gives you full control over your heating and cooling while offering significant cost savings (about $180 per year).
5. Ensure HVAC health
Since heating and cooling accounts for 48% of the energy used in American households, keeping your HVAC system in optimal working condition through routine maintenance can help lower your energy bills, prevent expensive repair issues and prolong the life of your unit. Aside from hiring a professional furnace repair Roswell, GA, for your HVAC needs, there are a number of things that you can do to ensure proper HVAC health.
- Replace your filters once a month or at least once every three months.
- Check the outdoor unit at least once a week and remove any debris.
- Seek professional help when you hear unusual noises coming from your unit.
Enjoy Better In-Home Comfort with the Help of Our Expert Furnace Repair Roswell GA
At Temperature Pro North Atlanta, we understand how important it is for you to have a comfortable home. We want to provide you with the best furnace repair Roswell, GA, experience possible. Our technicians are highly-trained, NATE-certified professionals who are committed to providing quality and reliable service at all times. We can address all your HVAC need,s so if you want to request a quote or set an appointment, contact us today at 678-888-4822.